Some of us (click on picture for more of us)
A webpage dedicated to Run Too and JJ&Pals running groups but also designed as a running resource for west Chicagoland suburbs.
Selected Races (Chicago area and elsewhere)
Miscellaneous races of interest. See next two links for comprehensive lists.
Click here for CARA Race List
] - [
MARATHONguide.com Race List
Many dates -
Ragnar Long Distance Relay Series
September 22, 2013 -
Fox Valley Marathon - Half Marathon - Fall Final 20
- St. Charles, Geneva, Batavia, IL
"Last Chance for Boston"
RUN TOO Shirts (and bandanas) Around the World
Run Too at Fermilab
Regular Running Times
Monday, Wednesday, Friday - noon at Fermilab (usually around the ring starting at B0)
(summer only) Tuesday evening 6:30pm at
Wednesday evening 6:00pm with
Fox River Trail Runners Wednesday Group Run
bonus: This group usually goes out for dinner after the run.
Thursday evening 6:00pm at
Geneva Running Outfitters
Saturday morning 7:00am at
Virtual GMAP Pedometer
works with Google Maps and Satellite Images
(Great tool for distances! Click to jump to
STC LeRoy Oakes
Google Earth and other sites also measure routes by linking to Google Maps...
America's Running Routes
- USATF Searchable Database: Look for routes or add you own.
Map My Run
- Map your route and search database of routes submitted by others.
Microsoft Research Maps
- (Most images courtesy of the USGS.)
Fermilab Insider Routes
For "outsiders" -
Fermilab Home Page
USGS aerial photo
current status of public access to Fermilab
Illinois Prairie Path
Google Map with links to other main trails
(includes links to maps)
Aerial Map with Distances
(courtesy Argonne Running Club)
Busse Woods (Ned Brown Forest Preserve)
Another Color Map
Roy Blackwell Forest Preserve (just east of Fermilab)
Herrick Lake Forest Preserve (easter of Fermilab)
Springbrook Prairie Forest Preserve
Fox River Trail info
Great Western Trail
Virgil Gilman Trail
Kane County Bike Map
(5 MByte PDF file)
Take a Hike Chicago
- Check out this book for northern Illinois areas for hikes and a little trail running too.
Dupage County Forest Preserve District
LOTS OF MAPS!
Busse Breakfast Club
Fox River Trail Runner Routes
Geneva Running Outfitters Routes
Running in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Three Rivers Running Company
When in Dallas (Katy Trail)...
White Rock Lake
When in Denver (Cherry Creek Trail)...
High Line Canal Trail
Cherry Creek State Park
South Suburban Park Foundation
Check the Weather (so you know to wear!)
Saint Charles (National Weather Service)
Saint Charles (AccuWeather)
Saint Charles East High School Weather Station
Fermilab Weather Station
Aurora Airport Weather Station
McHenry Ultrarunning Dudes & Dudettes M.U.D.D
- McHenry County (or search on Facebook)
New Leaf Ultra Runs
- Western Chicago burbs
Chicago Ultra Runners
- Trail running and Ultras
Ultra Running Magazine
- how can you go wrong with a name like that?
Ultra and Trail Events
(those sponsered by Zombie Runner)
Chicago Area Running Links
Fox River Trail Runners Club
- Great group!
Lisle Windrunners Club
- Nice people!
Multisport Madness Triathlon Club
- "highly motivated triathletes"
North Central College Track Club
(good group and website - don't be fooled by the name.. this is a Naperville area running club)
Fast Track Racing Team
- Nice group partially sponsered by Dick Pond Athletics
Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA)
CARA Race List
Alpine Runners of Lake Zurich
Glen Ellyn Runners
- Northern Illinois Trail Running Organization (Sycamore/DeKalb)
Rockford Road Runners
Chicago's Amateur Athlete Magazine
Competitor Sports Magazine
Fox Valley Marathon/Half/Twenty
- Best small marathon in town!
Other Running Links
Merv's Great Free Online Workout Log!
Strava GPS Tracker/Logger with Performance Analytics
- One of the more interesting sites for uploading GPS data.
DOIT Sports Virtual Training and Workout Log
(free I think)
: database of race results for running, swimming, cycling, mountain biking, triathlon/multi sport, and adventure racing.
in Rogers Park sponsers multiple 5k events per year and
ATHLETES UNITED FOR PEACE
Girls, Hearts, Rockets
- "Rocket Scientists" - blink and you will miss them.
Team Biffle Dinked
- This group of friends has a great website and some wonderful examples of how to plan a relay! Run Too is sooooo jealous. (Biffle Dinked crew seems a little quiet lately.)
Wisconsin Running Resource
DC's (Dad Connolly's) Cincinnati Race Organizer page
Running in Champaign-Urbana
Cool Running (training advice)
Runner's World Magazine
Run the Planet
Sports Medicine and Running Stores
Dick Pond Shoes
Geneva Running Outfitters
Naperville Running Company
Universal Sole Running Store
Fleet Feet Chicago Running Store
When in Austin, visit
. A good friend works there.
Road Runner Sports
Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers (Occusport)
both provide free injury screenings by sports medicine specialist. This is a nice service.
Dr. Pribut's Running Injuries Page
American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
Dietary Intake Guide from USADA
- Good overview of sports nutrition.
Jeff Galloway's Guide
Boston Marathon Training Guide
New York City Marathon Training Schedules
(more aggressive than Hal Higdon's)
Runner's World Marathon Training Page
Marathon Guide Dot Com
Run Your First Marathon/The 7 Day Training Program
(don't try this at home)
(Credits to http://www.sharksbite.com/ .....)
General Health Links
Code Pink - the Breast Advice Graphic
- a must read...
Personal Training - Saint Charles, IL
(Specializing in but not limited to female athletes.)
See Dane Run (52 fast marqthons in 52 weeks
- Dane Rauschenberg is a wonderful advocate for the sport of running and an amazing athlete and a great guy! Check out his bio (and consider buying his book)!
Outdoor books by Barbara Bond
- Need to hike in Oregon or Chicago? Check out one of Barbara's books. (For the record, Barbara is one heck of a runner also.)
- Chiropractic, Natural Health, ... Wellness - Elburn, IL
Dr. Jamie Tripp - Sports Rehab and Chiropractic Care
- Warrenville, IL (trained in
Active Release Techniques
Foot Mechanics Pedorthics
(foot care in Saint Charles, IL)
Tracy Thomas' Pottery
- Long Beach, CA
(Robots in Space)
Kaye/Bassman International Executive Recruiting & Search Firm
Reach the World
- Bringing the World into Classrooms
Earth Studio Moab
- artsy gifts for runners and other sports
SUCCEED! Sports Drink
articles on ultra medical/nutrition issues
- Best Source for Urban Bike Accessories in New Zealand!
Working Bikes Cooperative
- a good organization!
Not so random blogs on running and life.
Things I've Seen While Running
Kate Pallardy (racing and motherhood)
(plant based kitchen)
Mad dog emeritus (aka "the shadow") - Greg
Little dog - JJ
Little dog's training summary
Run Too, runtoo, fnal, schmidt, eugene, JJ, J.J.